Sunday, August 2, 2015

GLACIER | Part 2

Oh boy. This trip is going to take so many posts. But I think splitting it up is going to be the best, least overwhelming way for me to do it, haha! It has been stressing me out! Since the bulk of what I want to share it photos, I'm trying to limit myself to about 25 per post, which means this is slow going! 

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + 

Our first order of business on our first full day in the park was to get in a good hike, so after our quick stop at Lake Sherburne (see here), we headed toward Many Glacier and hiked to Red Rock Falls. I believe this hike was recommended to us by someone we had spoken with either the night before or earlier that day. The trail was beautiful and really well kept - it was an easy hike with a gorgeous payoff! We stopped about a half mile from the falls to take a break and check out Red Rock Lake. I'm going to overuse words like beautiful and breathtaking and gorgeous because absolutely everything in GNP is just that!!!

GNP_01 GNP_02 GNP_03 GNP_04 GNP_05 GNP_06 GNP_07 GNP_08 
Red Rock Lake

GNP_09
GNP_10
GNP_11 GNP_12 GNP_13 
It's a little hard to tell, but there are massive waterfalls all over those mountains! You can especially see the one in the very middle of the picture! 

GNP_14 
Red Rock Fals

GNP_15
GNP_16
GNP_17 GNP_18 GNP_19
The greatest travel buddies! We seriously had so much fun with Ryan and Chels on this trip - they were so laid back and up for anything, which made for a really easy trip!

GNP_20
GNP_21
The falls had the perfect mist coming off, so we spent a big chunk of the afternoon laying on the red rocks in the hot sun, with the cool mist! It was so relaxing.

GNP_22
I was going through a huge fruit craving phase during this trip and I probably ate my weight in grapes and cherries! I also got a spray tan before the trip, and this is literally the only picture that I look tan in. The spray tan hardly lasted and was super spotty and uneven by the second day! I was so upset!

GNP_23 
This butterfly sat on Devin's shoe for a solid few minutes

GNP_24
Testing out my Ahnu Sugarpine boots to see how waterproof they were - which is very! haha!

GNP_25

No comments:

Post a Comment