Monday, August 17, 2015

33 Weeks

FullSizeRender-2

+ Today I am 33 weeks, 3 days

+ Baby's the size of a HONEYDEW

+ I just told Devin that I made it to 33 weeks before I felt like I was running out of things to write about in these weekly updates! haha I don't feel like much has changed.

+ Chloe had her baby!!! Collin James Ashby was born on Friday, the 14th and he is PERFECT. He looks so much like his big brother, Ben! We have all been so smitten with him, he is just so cuddly and content, and I am so in love with his dark, dark eyes! It was so surreal for Chloe to finally have Collin because we have spent our entire pregnancies together, swapping stories and sharing our ups and downs, and we've always commented about how I was "just" 6 weeks behind her! Granted, she had Collin a week early, but still, the fact that he is here now really put it into perspective how close I am getting to having my baby!!! I remember having similar feelings a few months ago when Kelli, my sister, had her baby, Josie, but with Chloe and Collin, I am much closer to my due date, and things are getting more real all around, so it's been a little emotional! I can definitely say that it's only made me excited! I'm not scared or nervous, I am just so excited to meet her!

+ Here's my birth plan: get my baby here. As quickly, and as safely as possible. I'm not set in my ways about how she comes. I have accepted the fact that however that is will no doubt include some (probably lots, seeing as I'm a giant wuss) pain and discomfort, and I prefer to avoid a c-section or natural birth, but I have to laugh at myself even then, because when the time comes, it's really not going to matter, and I am / am going to be willing to do absolutely whatever it takes to make sure she is born safely. I think some people might think this sounds indecisive, but I think it is helping me mentally prepare for all the possibilities. I am ready!

+ Movement has changed this week. She is getting bigger, and her movements are more pronounced. I can see almost every movement from the outside, and she has had the hiccups a few times, which I love! Sometimes the jabs and kicks hurt a little, but I don't mind a bit! Holding tiny baby Collin and realizing I have a slightly smaller version of him inside me has made it all so much more REAL, and it's easy for me to picture her curled up in there.

+ Devin has made a few predictions about what he thinks she will look like and it's nothing like what I have imagined, but I hope he is right! I can't wait to see what she actually looks like and compare! We were both pretty similar looking babies. He was 6 lbs 11 oz and I think I was 7 lbs 4 oz. and we were both mostly bald, haha! We both have brown hair and hazel eyes, so neither of us are expecting our baby to be much different! Devin did have super blonde hair as a toddler, though, and I'm so hoping this girl inherits that!

+ My belly is totally starting to get in the way of things. Like, all the things. ha!

+ This week is our last week in Herriman! We are so busy with packing and organizing and getting ready for the move, and I can't wait to be in our new place! I am mostly excited to get the nursery put together, I am getting so impatient about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment