Tuesday, March 31, 2015

13 Weeks

Untitled
when devin and i were trying to decide what photo to post to announce the pregnancy, we had a few ideas and tried them all out! ultimately, we both loved the carabiner picture, which we ended up using, but this was one of my other favorites, as cheesy and overdone as it is! And I'm a crazy dog mom, so of course I had to incorporate cooper somehow in some of these!

+ today I'm 13 weeks, 5 days

+ still no bump, but i'm getting anxious! i think i've begun that "in between" stage women talk about, where you don't look pregnant, but you've got some extra bloat, and your clothes just fit awkwardly, and nothing looks or feels right!

+ baby's as big as a PEACH

+ second appointment was this week! we weren't supposed to go in until 14 weeks, but my doctor is out of the office that day. we had the option of seeing someone else in her office, but opted to move it up a few days so we could see her. She's just so great. If anyone is looking for a new OBGYN, Pediatrician, or family doctor (she does it all!) go see Dr. Shelley Savage at Grandview Family Medical Center in Orem/Provo (she's right on the hill on state street). Dr. Robinson in her office is who we dealt with during my miscarriage, and he was so great, I'd recommend him, too, if you'd rather see a male Doctor, but man, that Shelley! She's the greatest. She feels like a friend, and she doesn't make anything weird or uncomfortable. She never makes me feel dumb for asking all these stupid first time, overly worried mama questions. I'm sure it's this way with most doctors, but when I feel like freaking out, and's she's just calm and collected, it reminds me that all this is normal, and she knows what she's doing! She's delivered hundreds of babies, so I totally trust her. She is so easy going, I just love her. ANYWAY... this week's appointment wasn't very exciting. We got to hear the heartbeat again, which is my favorite sound in the world! It was at 152, which is perfect. And we also set our appointment to find out the gender for just a few weeks away! We are so excited for that!

+ my appetite hasn't changed much from the very beginning... i don't have hardly any appetite at all, so when something sounds even just kind of good, i'm all for it! i've been worried that i'm not eating enough or getting enough nutrients to the baby, just because i'm hardly eating. smells have also still been really strong and mostly bad haha. i try and eat cold foods so i don't have to smell anything, and devin's been so patient with my eating habits over the last three months, he is the greatest to put up with so much from me!

+ i'm pretty uncomfortable. and i know this lack of comfort will change and be different when it's about my size, but for now, it's more just that something is definitely different and i just don't feel the same. i don't feel like myself. throughout the year as we tried for a baby, i remember trying so hard to pay attention to my body and catch on to small cues and symptoms and never felt like i could. i didn't feel like i was very "in tune" - but i think something changed because i've started to notice every little thing, and i'm happy for that! i've been having some round ligament pain, and that's been real fun, and that commonly continues through the 2nd trimester, so I guess I'm in for it! I'll take this over feeling like i'm about to puke any day, though!

+ thought i was done with the morning sickness, but thursday, i was hit with one (hopefully) last, huge, wave of stomach flu-esque nausea. Probably just because the first trimester wanted to leave me with something to remember it by. how sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment