Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Life, Lately

IMG_5175

Our days have been so busy the last few weeks, that it's hard to take the time to write things down. Especially since when I do feel like writing something down, I've been doing so in my personal journal lately. That book is filling up so fast, and my blog posts are lacking - I just can't seem to find a balance! I haven't felt the need to share things about my life publicly in the last few months, I guess.

Devin and I started a training program with the gym called Momentum Athlete and it's been so fun to go together, and with other couples from the gym that we've become close friends with over the years. The workouts we do are comparable to crossfit, and I roll my eyes at myself as I say this, but I am really starting to get the hype. I feel like I understand why crossfitters are so in love with crossfit! It's so empowering to lift giant, heavy barbells, and do a million box jumps after a million burpees. I've never felt stronger! And even though we've only been going for just over a month, we've already noticed major improvements in our endurance, strength, stability and stamina. It's been so cool! I love going with Devin, we motive each other to try harder, or even just to finish our reps! Even though it's so hard to wake up at 6am, twice a week, it's totally worth it by the end of class when we're collapsed on the ground, totally exhausted, but full of endorphins! 

Devin is out of town once again on another school trip this week. He's backpacking upwards of 40 miles through the Paria. He's been anticipating this trip for so long now, I can't believe it's here, but I always forget how much I hate having him gone! I know he's probably having an awesome time, and hopefully it feels like a vacation to him, because I know he could use one! I don't know what I'd do without Cooper around to keep me company though! That, and the dozen movies I've already watched (and he doesn't get back until Friday)! It's hard when Devin is gone, but he's doing awesome things, so I don't have much room to complain!

I started a new job in December, and I don't think I've mentioned that on here yet, but I'm now working for a securities company (real estate investment, not like, security systems... I always feel the need to explain that. No, I don't work for Vivint!), that's owned by one of the owners of Momentum. Devin and I work in the same building! It's been slow going, but I really like what I do and the days always go by so fast! 

Mostly, life's been pretty good to us. The weather has been surprisingly warm for this time of year, which I really think has made all the difference! We have been planning all our trips for the year and we are excited to travel to Glacier National Park, Arches National Park, and also spend several weekends in the Uintas! It's going to be a good summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment