Tuesday, April 7, 2015

14 Weeks

IMG_6956
really loving this little bump, even if it only shows up after dinner. heart eye emojis forever.

+ today i'm 14 weeks and 5 days pregnant (i really do mean to do these earlier each week...)

+ none of my apps agree on the baby's size this week, but from what I gather, it's about the size of a LEMON or a clenched fist.

+ i think i'm officially over morning sickness! i have lost weight so far in the pregnancy (not bragging because even I was shocked, and it's not obvious at all, haha), and my doctor has been concerned with my eating, but Devin assured her he would make sure i'm eating every meal (which I am, I swear). I have had such a small appetite so far, but food was making me sick, so hopefully now that I'm feeling better, I can focus more on eating enough and eating right instead of just whatever I can manage to keep down! my appetite has still been my biggest issue, even though i'm not feeling sick anymore.

+ i switched my prenatal this week finally and it's been like night and day! i am pretty sure the one i had been on was making me sick, because i always felt a little nauseous about twenty minutes after i would take it, but devin picked me up some gummy vitamins at the grocery store last week and life is good.


+ we are getting closer to finding out the gender! we've planned a big party with both our families where we'll announce to them, although we plan on finding out during the appointment. devin said the other day that he's thinking maybe he wants us to wait until the party, but i told him he'd have to try harder to convince me! devin thinks it's a girl, i have zero motherly intuition, but am also leaning more toward girl (probably because of devin), and most our family and friends think it's a girl, too, although it seemed we had more boy guesses at the beginning. 


+ this weekend was general conference, which is always anticipated! even more so this time, because by october, when it's time for conference again, it will be my due date (which is October 1st)! i'm hoping i've got a newborn to snuggle during conference next time, but it's totally possible I'll still be pregnant, ha! Devin and my sister's husbands all had a guy's weekend in Ogden, which they planned several weeks ago completely on their own (usually, it's us girls wanting some time together, not the other way around!) which meant my sisters and I had a big girls weekend, and it was exactly what we all needed. we did some shopping, went to dinner, stayed up until 2am telling embarrassing stories, talking about marriage and watching movies, and in the morning we had a big delicious breakfast before we all went home. time with my sisters is seriously chicken soup for the soul, i tell you. they get me like nobody else and our relationship is unique to any other friendship i've had and that makes it so important to me. I can't believe we will all be moms soon (even though kayla has a 14 month old - but kelli is due in June!)

+ this week i've started getting the post-dinner bump! haha in the morning, i don't look pregnant at all, but i get progressively bigger throughout the day, and about an hour or two after eating dinner, i look further along than just 14 and a half weeks! i love it. i feel like i'm finally starting to connect and bond with my baby, which is something i was really stressed about the last few weeks. i think it will get a lot better once we know the gender and i start feeling movement, which won't be much longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment