Wednesday, April 22, 2015

BOY or GIRL!?

FullSizeRender
IMG_7152

WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!!!

Devin and I are both so beyond excited! A daughter! A sweet baby girl! I can't contain myself!!! Our gender check ultrasound appointment finally arrived yesterday and we went first thing in the morning so we wouldn't have to wait another second, and I'm SO glad we did! I would have built up way too much anxiety had I waited a few more hours!

That ultrasound was easily one of the most amazing things I had ever seen or experienced! Seeing our baby girl up on the screen, watching her little tiny heart beat out of her chest! I was so hoping she'd be active when we went because I wanted to see her move and she did! She crawled away from the wand (doppler? whatever it's called) at one point haha it was so adorable, and she was moving her hands all around - but she clearly likes them to be up by her face and mouth. It looked like she was almost sucking her thumb! Even the shots of her alien skull were the cutest thing I'd ever seen. ever. We got some pretty clear shots, and she's 100% girl, but she's still a person and those are still her parts, so I only posted her sweet little profile and tiny little foot!

IMG_7204

I went into that appointment with zero intuition. No idea what this baby could be, and truly feeling split right down the middle. I kept telling people that I've always wanted a boy first, because I wanted that big brother figure, but that I'd be more surprised if it was a boy, and if I ultimately had to guess, I would say girl. But it could go either way! (obviously...)

I left that appointment thinking of course it's a girl! of course! it's her! that's my daughter! of course it's her! it had to be her! And I haven't stopped smiling since. 

Naturally, we went immediately to Target to celebrate and buy baby girl some cute clothes. We can't wait to meet this little girl in just a few months!

We're so glad you could make it, baby girl.


IMG_7210
We ordered this 36" balloon online and it came with 2 packs of confetti - 1 pink, 1 blue. We got it filled with helium on our way to the BBQ and the balloon wasn't completely opaque! You could see the pink confetti inside! We were so upset but decided we would just leave the balloon inside and pull it out at the last minute and pop it right away, so if people did see the confetti in the balloon, it would only spoil the surprise by a few seconds.


IMG_7209
IMG_7208
IMG_7207
Devin popped it with a steak knife (haha!) and the confetti exploded all over us (and ben!) and it was really cool! It's hard to get the confetti to show up well in pictures though.


IMG_7206
IMG_7205
IMG_7203
IMG_7202
IMG_7201
Everybody loved it! I wish the balloon was better quality, but we still got the result we wanted! The guesses have been split pretty much right down the middle! Now, Devin's side is even with 3 boys, 3 girls, and my side will have 3 girls!


IMG_7200
IMG_7198
Coop wanted a sister ;) so he was happy to wear this pink bandana for her. He's a pretty good sport. I can't wait to see how he is with a baby! I think he'll be so great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment