Monday, September 23, 2013

The Boy Behind The Blog | The First Edition

IMG_5729

Danica did this link up awhile and I thought what a cool idea. When I brought it up to Devin, he was surprisingly on board! Behind every blogger is a boy who puts up with her, right? I also thought that there was a lot more opportunity here. So many questions we could ask! So much fun to be had! So maybe, once I've conjured up some really golden questions, we can try something similar again?! If you have good ideas for questions, leave a comment! I think it would be pretty fun to hear a little more from Devin around here, since the last time he posted was here (ahem. 2 years ago...).  Anyway... I guess I'll let Devin take over from here!

1. Does your wife use your real name or a nickname on her blog?

Katie doesn't really have nicknames for me, other than she calls me Dev, which I am sure is mentioned in the blog all the time, cause I am that awesome. I am known as Devin or Dev, ya know, my name.

2. If you had a blog, what would the title be?

I actually have two blogs! I have a serious passion for photography and the outdoors. One of my blogs is strictly for my photography, as I work on the side as a freelance photographer. I ran a business known as Captured by Dash Photography for a few years before my other passion took over my life. That is where the other blog comes into the play. Backcountry Exposure is a blog all about the backcountry, outdoor gear, and just being a total outdoor nerd. As you may already know, I am an Outdoor Recreation Management major in school, I work for Momentum Indoor Climbing in Sandy as the Youth Program Director, and just love climbing and the outdoors. This blog is to share my love for the wilderness and inspire others to want to spend more time in the mountains and have less screen time.

https://www.capturedbydashphotography.blogspot.com
https://www.backcountryexposure.blogspot.com

3. Do you ever feel ignored because of the blog?

No. I think there would be some serious problems if I was having competition with the blog. My pretty lady does an amazing job with it, but she married me, not the blog.

4. How has her blog changed or evolved throughout your relationship?

I love the fact that she has spent so much time journaling our life together. The photos and the way she writes really exemplify our life and it's important to have record of that. Again, the blog is a record, it changes as we change, and as life changes.

5. What is your favorite post on her blog?

#1: Horseback Riding (from the old blog)

There is no way I could choose a favorite post. Katie has written so much over the years, but this post is a favorite because of the experience it was with Katie. It was our first anniversary together and I surprised her with the trip and what we would be doing in Jackson. I had never been horseback riding and neither had she. It was such a great experience, and we enjoyed the beautiful setting in the area that means so much to the both of us. Let the writing and photos speak for themselves.

#2: Boulder Mountain 2013: 2 Year Anniversary (from the old blog)

This is another favorite, and I think it's funny that it's out second anniversary. The times that Katie and I spend in the mountains together have always been my favorite time together. Being disconnected from the world, and being together in the solitude of the wilderness is so hard to beat.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I always think about how I want Tay to write a little again (his first/last post was also 2 years ago!). I totally might steal this idea...but I will link to you. Is that ok?? Love it! You got yourself a good one :)

    ReplyDelete