Friday, September 27, 2013

Mr. & Mrs. Morck

*instead of splitting this post up, I decided to just throw it all together. sorry in advance that it's longest blog post in history*

I don't even know where to begin! I've got about two thousand pictures I want to post (perks of being married to the photographer and having access to his memory cards...), but there is a lot to cover before we get to that.

First of all: The bachelorette party. Kelli (my older sister) and I took Kayla out for the night before the wedding. We did a little shopping in Salt Lake, got manicures at the cutest salon (they did an amazing job on all of us, and they were so affordable and so nice), and had dinner at Per Noi Trattoria (an amazing little Italian place near Sugarhouse). It was such a fun night.

I think I've finally figured out my relationship with my sisters. I have realized that when I'm one on one with them, we will always butt heads, but when the three of us are together? We couldn't possibly have more fun. We laugh until we cry countless times when we're all together. My sisters are my best friends, and it's so much fun to go through adulthood with them. We had the greatest night, and kept Kayla out pretty late, especially for the night before her wedding! It was the perfect way to celebrate.

IMG_5900
IMG_5913

All of the sudden, Saturday was here. McKayla's wedding day! It didn't even seem real. Devin and I tried to sleep in a little, but Zac texted Devin at about 8:30am saying their photographer had gone to the hospital the night before, and they needed him to stand in! We had originally turned down Kayla's request to photograph the wedding day so we could enjoy ourselves, relax, and help where we were needed, so I was a little bummed that Devin would be working the wedding, but it was also nice to know that they knew they could count on him, and were impressed with the other work he had done for them with their engagements and bridals. He was more than happy to help, and I even took the camera for a little while at the reception and tried it out!

The weather here has been so rainy and gloomy lately, and we had all been stressing all week long about the outdoor ceremony and reception. The days surrounding the wedding were filled with flash floods all across the state, and we didn't have a plan B! 

The morning of the wedding, Devin and I drove to Salt Lake to rent the equipment he needed for his camera (thank goodness pictureline had what he needed on such short notice!), before driving down to Orem to help set everything up for the ceremony. We couldn't help but stop at gourmandise while we were up there for some breakfast! The weather was so clear this day! The skies were overcast and grey, which helped keep the weather nice and cool, and also makes for better photos! We couldn't have had better luck with the weather. It was perfect!

IMG_5886

The ceremony and reception were both held in Zac's parent's backyard, and the did so much work and preparation to make sure it was perfect! They rented a big tent for the reception and a giant chandelier hung from the middle. It was beautiful! Each table had several lit candles, jars of baby's breather and photos of Kayla and Zac. It was so simple and elegant. I loved it! 

The ceremony was very small with just family and a few close friends on the patio. Our home ward bishop officiated and it was absolutely beautiful! Kelli, Zac's sister, Cass and I were the bridesmaids and Cass' daughter, Diana was the flower girl. We all walked down the aisle, and then my dad walked Kayla down. I was so afraid of passing out as we stood there during the ceremony, but luckily I was okay! It was so simple and sweet, and Zac and Kayla were both glowing and so happy. I had never seen her look so genuinely happy in her life, and i absolutely mean that.

I held it together all day until after the ceremony when everyone had lined up to hug Kayla. I was standing to the side of her with my family and I noticed my sweet little brother tearing up. As soon as we made eye contact, we both just lost it. Kyle is the sweetest boy I've ever known. He is so sensitive, and he and Kayla have become SO close over the last few years as Kelli and I moved out and got married. Nothing can make you cry hard like seeing your baby brother break down! 

Onto the reception...

They had hired the most amazing catering company who served fruits and vegetables, meatballs, teriyaki chicken, and the most amazing pulled pork sandwiches. Family and friends of Zac's also made desserts ranging from baklava to lemon bars to sugar cookies, and it wouldn't be a party of Kayla's without loads of sweet tooth fairy treats, too! Cake bites and mini cupcakes galore! All of the food was so good and we ate so much.

I had been put in charge of bringing a few things to decorate the dessert table, and we ended up using my decor throughout the entire reception. It looked so pretty and everyone loved it - everyone kept telling me I'm "the next martha stewart" - I'll take it! Minus all the fraud and everything... haha. I was just glad it worked out, and it's what kayla wanted.

McKayla's good friend, Matt Orr is in a well known local band called The Arcadians. He came by himself to the wedding and played every love song he knew. He was so talented and it was the absolute perfect sound and entertainment for the wedding. It was probably my favorite part! And he was the nicest guy!

SO many people came, including a surprise appearance from Kayla's childhood best friend, Colton. We didn't even recognize him, and just saw Kayla crying! Once we realized what was going on, we were all so happy that he came to support her. It was a really sweet moment.

A lot of people from my parent's ward came, and it was so nice to see and catch up with them. That ward is all so close, and I love them all so much! It was so great to see people I hadn't seen since my own wedding! 

After too much food, a cake cutting and bouquet toss, the night was winding down. I sent Devin home a few hours early, because Cooper had been alone all day, and he was exhausted (plus, had to work the next morning!). After Kayla and Zac left, we cleaned everything up and that was it! It was over! My baby sister was off with her new husband!

Right before Kayla left she came up to me and I asked her how she was liking the night. She just beamed and squealed and said it was the best day ever. Her dream wedding had just gone off without a hitch and she couldn't have been happier! It took a lot of will power to keep it together as I hugged my new brother in law goodbye. I couldn't be more thankful for him. He truly adores her and it means to much to me that he will take care of her. I think a lot of people underestimate the kind of commitment these two have to each other. They make a perfect couple. Zac is the greatest addition to our family. He fits right in and is already a great friend. The most impressive thing to me about him is that I have never heard a single person say a bad thing about him. He is so kind and respectful, and just the kind of guy I had hoped Mckayla would end up with! The other great news is that Zac and McKayla are actually expecting! She's due in February and although it took me a little bit to warm up to the idea, I am beyond excited to have another niece or nephew. I know a lot of people think Kayla and Zac just had a shotgun wedding and were thrown together, but they made a lot of conscious decisions and truly, truly love each other, whether people choose to believe it or not, it's the truth. I honestly believe they were meant for each other. The more I see them together, and the more I get to know Zac, I know they are doing the right thing, and I know they are doing what makes them happy! I begged Kayla to let me throw her a gender reveal party - so that is coming in a few weeks! We are all dying to know if it's a boy or girl!

I am so happy for them, and am pretty relieved the stressful wedding planning is over! But seriously. It was a perfect night.

Now some photos! I wanted to include some photos from the actual wedding day, but I was so busy running around all day that I didn't take a single photo after the one of that cherry turnover from gourmandise! Also, Devin hasn't edited any of them yet. So here's some of the engagements and bridals that I've been waiting to share!

ZK 6 ZK 10 ZK 15 ZK 19 ZK 21 ZK 32 ZK 38 ZK 44 ZK 49 ZK 51 ZK 54 ZK 65 ZK 70 ZK 76 ZK 77
ZK Bridals 5-7502 ZK Bridals 30-7644 ZK Bridals 39-7694 ZK Bridals 43-7709 ZK Bridals 70-7903 BW ZK Bridals 78-7940 ZK Bridals 79-7944 ZK Bridals 99-8058 ZK Bridals 12-7531

No comments:

Post a Comment