Monday, June 1, 2015

Josie Jo Morris

IMG_7630

I don't even know where to begin! This weekend was such a whirlwind, and I haven't slept hardly at all, but I've got the most beautiful new niece to show for it, and all is well!

On Sunday morning at 4:10am, Josie Jo Morris was born to my older sister, Kelli and her husband, Sean. She is the most content and alert baby I've ever met, and she is the most perfect addition to our crazy family! She weighs 7 lbs, 7 oz, is 19 inches long and has dark hair like her dad, which didn't surprised anyone! She's absolutely beautiful.

Kelli asked me to take photos of the delivery and it was one of the most unique experiences I've ever had. I was nervous and anxious and excited, but ultimately overwhelmed with love and amazed! I feel more prepared for my own delivery now (in just a few short months!), and seeing those first moments of Josie's life, and watching my sister and her husband see their daughter for the first time was so sweet. There was so much love in that room, and I was so glad I got to witness it and be there to support my sister. Women are real life superheroes, and babies truly are everyday miracles!

It's surreal to watch my sister become a mom. My sister who I shared a bedroom with growing up, spent countless hours playing barbies with, who I stole makeup from, and listened to Spice Girls with, and fought with and laughed with and cried with. And now she's a mom, and watching her transition into motherhood so gracefully and beautifully has been so special to me! I've always looked up to and admired Kelli, and knowing I'm right behind her in this new role and have her to continue to look up to makes me feel so much more calm and ready for motherhood. I am so excited to be a mom alongside both my sisters! Come October, we will all be moms to girls! (Which truly, I think ,must be karma. A taste of our own medicine!)

Seeing Josie and holding her and watching her has made me so beyond excited to finally meet my own baby girl. I feel more prepared and excited than ever before, and I couldn't help but think about how Josie was probably with my baby girl right before she came here! They're probably great friends already, and I'm so excited for them to meet and grow up together!

Josie girl, you are already more loved than you'll ever know and you've got the entire Johnson family wrapped around those long skinny fingers. I love your little squeaks and coos, and I hope you don't mind if I keep practicing my swaddle wrapping skills on you. You're the perfect baby girl for my sister, and I'm so glad you made it here safe and sound. I couldn't have thought of a better way to celebrate the due date of my first baby than to welcome you to this world! We are going to have so much fun!

*Not even going to try and narrow these down - she is too perfect for words!*

IMG_7578 
20 minutes old

IMG_7627 
first time i finally got to hold her, 2 hours old!

IMG_7632 IMG_7633 IMG_7634 IMG_7635 IMG_7636  
IMG_7637
haha i can't get over this one. i love her wrinkly fingers!

IMG_7638 IMG_7639 IMG_7640 IMG_7641 IMG_7642 
the hair! there's more in the back - but it's dark and thick and pretty long!

IMG_7643

IMG_7629

2 comments:

  1. She is perfect!!! Love that newborn goodness so much; I'm sure you're all just dying over her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is perfect!!! Love that newborn goodness so much; I'm sure you're all just dying over her!

    ReplyDelete