Wednesday, June 24, 2015

25 Weeks

IMG_8026

+ Today I am 25 weeks, 6 days

+ Baby girl's the size of a RUTABAGA

+ Spent most of week 25 in Glacier National Park and it was amazing! I was worried about a trip like this while pregnant, and I was worried about swelling with all the driving and hiking and sun, but it went better than i could have imagined! I wouldn't necessarily recommend 11 hour drives to a 6 months pregnant woman, but I survived! The only times I got swollen were in the car, and they always went down after sleep. It wasn't too bad at all!

+ I have been feeling so good lately, sleeping so great and don't have anything to complain about except the heartburn! It's back, and it's worse than it was in the first trimester! I am going to start taking something for it other than tums and hope that that helps! Still, though, it's really not that bad!

+ Feeling pretty much huge, haha! Especially at night when I lay down in bed - she is definitely growing in there! I'll be surprised if she isn't at least 9 pounds! haha

+ Because I spent so much of week 25 hiking around a national park with this girl in my belly, it was hard to not think about her the whole time. Devin and I had a lot of fun weaving in and out of every single gift shop in the park, and finally found the perfect souvenir (or two) for baby girl. I love thoughtfully preparing for her with him. It is so fun to pick things out for her together, and talk about her at night as we go to bed. I am really soaking up all the sweetness that has been this second trimester.

+ Nailing down some milestones that I plan on using to count down to this lady's birthday! Glacier was the first big one! Now, I can't wait to pass The 4th of July, our annual camping trip to Grey's River (end of July), my 24th birthday (beginning of august), the birth of Sean & Chloe's boy (most likely middle/middle-end of august!), moving to our new place (end of august), and finally decorating the nursery! (the entire month of september). Before we know it, she will be here in our arms!

+ Finally started buying stuff for the nursery! It will be hard to stay patient and keep it all in boxes until we move! I won't get to do anything until September!

No comments:

Post a Comment