Thursday, June 11, 2015

May Favorites

Untitled 

I haven't been buying a lot of new products recently, because all my money is going toward tiny dresses and socks and things, but I've still got quite an obsession, and I'll always find a way to talk about makeup!

1. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara | I don't know why nobody is talking about this mascara, because it's amazing! Is it new? I think it's sort of new, I don't know. It's a true dupe for Benefit They're Real mascara! I love it so much. I'm so glad I found it because it's so much cheaper than Benefit. It gives you the long, skinny, fluffy looking lashes (I know everybody likes different looks, and this is just what I've always preferred). When the bottle is new, I tend to wipe off excess mascara quite a bit, so it doesn't get clumpy, but as you use it, you won't have to do that anymore. New favorite. Hands down.

2. St. Ives Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub | I've loved the apricot scrub from St. Ives for years, it's such a good exfoliator, but I picked up this pink lemon one recently and it's changed my skin care game! They call it the "Even & Bright" formula and it's true! It's made a huge difference in evening my skin tone, and I feel way more glowy (don't mistake for oily - glowy is different. and better). And I've seen a difference in my skin, too! I've talked about this before, but my skin has been CRAZY this past year or so as I've gone off birth control, got pregnant, miscarried, and got pregnant again and not much seems to help me, but this face wash is making a difference! It does have an exfoliating texture, but it's so fine that I don't feel like I need to limit my uses to a few times a week - i feel comfortable using it every day! And it smells amazing. Skin care is a hard thing to recommend to people, because everybody's skin is so different, but if you're looking to try something new, or different, look into St. Ives - I feel like they've got something for everyone. I've been so impressed with this brand!

3. DIY Toner | I've been meaning to do an entire post on all the natural and DIY skin care I use, but it's just never happened. This toner is a miracle worker. It smells so, so terrible, but I notice a difference when I use it consistently! It's equal parts Raw Apple Cider Vinegar "With the Mother" (I use the Bragg's brand - it's the best) & Witch Hazel, then 4-6 drops of Lavender essential oil, and 4-6 drops of Melaleuca essential oil. All the best skin care remedies in one bottle. I use a cotton ball and apply it to my whole face, then moisturize once it's dry. The smell only lasts until it dries, I promise! haha it really does stink. But it's absolutely worth it. Nothing helps my skin as much as this toner does! Between the St. Ives Pink Lemon scrub, and this toner, my skin is looking better than it has in over a year!

4. Maybelline Rebel Bloom Lipsticks | This formula is so creamy and the pigment is perfect. Maybelline does lipstick right, but this line specifically is just perfect! I want them all. Seriously, I want every single shade. So far I have Hibiscus Pop. Blushing Bud and Peach Poppy and they are all gorgeous! I love that they keep coming out with these different lines.

5. Essie Nail Polish Shades | I've gotten a few new shades of nail polish recently and I've decided this: for the colors I know I will wear all the time and keep in regular rotation, my staples, if you will, it's worth it to splurge the $8.50 and buy Essie or Orly or OPI or another nicer brand, and the fun colors, i can buy cheaper brands. Makes sense, right? I have acquired three new essie polishes this past month or so, and I've already worn all three at least once, haha! "Blanc" - a bright white, which I especially love on my toes, "Meet Me at Sunset" - an orangey red shade similar to "Haute Red" by Orly, which I absolutely love & "Mod Squad", a super girly, perfect shade of pink that my sister gave me for mother's day. I've talked about Essie polish before - the formula can't really be beat! I think it's totally worth the splurge on your staple nail colors. I've grown my essie collection quite a bit over the last year, just because the formula is so great and long lasting! I love finding new shades to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment