Monday, June 29, 2015

26 Weeks

IMG_8079

+ Today I am 26 weeks, 4 days

+ Little Lady's the size of a PAPAYA

+ Have you seen "What to Expect When You're Expecting"? I am Elizabeth Banks. I have become such a textbook, cliche pregnant woman. I have to heave myself up off the couch, or out of bed, I'm constantly trying to put my feet up to get the swelling down, and I'm always so hot. It would be so much more hilarious if it... wasn't... haha! I'm trying to take it all lightly, and in reality, I don't mind too much. I still don't feel like there is that much to complain about (okay except maybe the swelling because these ugly feet are just the worst!), and I love love love feeling her move and seeing my bump grow!

+ Speaking of bump... I'm getting huge. hahaha! I know it's just me, and that I notice the changes in my body more than anybody else does, but gosh! I don't even recognize my body anymore, it seems so foreign! I'm definitely at that point where strangers just strike up conversation about my due date or what gender my baby is because... there's no questioning! This girl is pregnant!

+ I feel like we are getting SO close to feeling her from the outside and seeing movement! She is so active and the movements are getting stronger every day!

+ It's the end of June, and this is already the longest, hottest summer of my life! Not only is Utah dealing with a major heat wave right now (as in, 100º+ every day!), but my office is having issues with our air conditioning, so I spend 8 hours a day in an 80º office. And on top of all that, the insane anticipation of welcoming this baby girl! Can it just be October already?!

+ Still filling most of my time planning and preparing for our move. Devin and I want to get rid of as much of our stuff as we can! It will make moving so much easier to not take everything, plus, we've got a garage now, which our new place doesn't have - so storing things like camping and climbing gear and all of Devin's tools will be interesting, and also, our goal is to be in a house next! So we want to start slowly investing in furniture and things that we want in a home, not just stuff we kept from college or cheap newlywed furniture!

+ Like I've mentioned before, my sister who just had that sweet baby Josie, lives in Ogden, so I don't get to see them as much as I'd like! But I drove up for a day over the weekend, and being around a newborn is still so surreal! But I've also had a couple moments with Josie where I feel so unprepared! How am I gonna know what to do?! How am I gonna know how to fix things?! I don't know how to swaddle! Is she coughing or choking? I can't tell! And why is she crying?!?! It makes me excited and nervous all at the same time. I know a lot of women say that when it's your own, everything comes naturally and it's all instinct, but I don't want to just count on that!

+ Getting ready to register for our prenatal seminar, and a breastfeeding class, and I am honestly really excited for both! I feel like I still have so much to learn! I have so many books I want to read, too, but I just keep opening Amy Poehler's "Yes Please" instead - gah!

No comments:

Post a Comment