Sunday, September 20, 2015

GLACIER | Part 7

After our morning on Lake McDonald, we drove the Going to the Sun Road, once again, up to Logan Pass. Directly behind the visitor's center is a boardwalk pathway that eventually turns into a hike to Hidden Lake, or the Hidden Lake Overlook, for those that don't want to go as far. From the parking lot, we spotted more wildlife! A herd of big horned sheep up on the hillside! By this point, we had seen all the wildlife I had wanted to see: moose, bear, mountain goats & big horned sheep!

We had heard about this hike several times from several people and Ryan, Chelsey and Devin were all pretty psyched about doing it! At this point, I was feeling very pregnant, but trying to stay positive, so I agreed to give it my best! Even though we were at the park in late June, the majority of the trail was still covered in snow! This made for a lot of steep, slippery hiking and it was really hard! People we passed on the trail would make comments about what a trooper I was, which made me feel awesome, but I was also taking this trail about 100 feet at a time, and complaining a lot to Devin, who just kept telling me I was doing awesome. This was also Father's Day, which helped me try harder to be positive and make it a memorable day for Devin! 

When we finally reached the overlook, it was WELL worth the difficult, slippery hiking. Oh my gosh, it was unbelievable! There were goats everywhere, even BABY GOATS (my life is complete. they were the cutest things ever, i think i need a baby goat). It was so worth it. This was our last full day in the park, and we felt like it was so well spent!

Hidden Lake sits at the base of Bear Hat mountain, and the view from the overlook was so gorgeous! We didn't go any further than the overlook, but it was just what we all needed! There are so many other hikes and things we wanted to do and see in the park, which only means one things: we'll be back!

GNP_001 GNP_002 
can you see the herd of big horned sheep?

GNP_003 GNP_006 GNP_013 GNP_014 
happy father's day, dev!

GNP_015 GNP_018 
I mean, this goat sitting here with this view was basically a postcard image.

GNP_019 GNP_020 GNP_021 
Hidden Lake Overlook! WE MADE IT!

GNP_024 
DO YOU SEE THE BABY GOAT?! Right in the middle of the picture?! I die.

GNP_025 GNP_028

No comments:

Post a Comment