Saturday, May 17, 2014

April Favorites

The month started out with nothing new, and I was a little nervous that I wouldn't have any ideas for a favorites post, but lo and behold, here I am gushing, once again, over a handful of new products. (and over two weeks late… oops!) What was I so worried about?! I feel like I'm all over the board with this one, but they're all on here for a reason, and that reason is my pure obsession.

IMG_2842

 IMG_2843 

NYX Matte Lipstick in "Indie Flick" | I was the recipient of this amazing lipstick at my favorite things party last month. I tried it on almost immediately when I got home and fell in love with the shade, but this color is BOLD. Bright orangey-red. So, so pretty. But like I've said before - I'm sort of a wimp. I did manage to muster up the courage and wore this lip on Easter Sunday to church (remember when I said I always feel better trying new things at church? It's where I experiment with makeup, hairstyles and even outfit choices (pattern mixing, anyone?!). And I loved it. I don't think I could ever wear it to work yet (remember how I work in a body shop with 20 men? yeah. not the ideal place to pull out all my girly stops.), but I think I'll sport it on girl's night, date night, and all other nights. It's just too good to pass up. My weird issues aside? This is a gorgeous formula! The color was so pigmented and now I want it in every shade! The girl who brought this as her favorite thing said that the infamous Cara Loren swears by this shade and wears it all the time. I definitely want this lipstick in more shades. I still need a good nude!!

Essie Nail Polish in "Peach Daiquiri" | This is my all time favorite nail color right now. I have to consciously pull myself away from it every time I go to paint my nails. It's such a pretty, bright shade for spring and summer. I love it on my fingers and toes! Essie polish is by far the best formula (I also love Orly nail polish), but it's a little pricy. I think it's worth it for the staple shades, but I tend to buy cheaper versions of the fun colors I know I won't wear as often.

Anastasia Clear Brow Gel | I know you were all waiting for my Jaclyn Hill recommended products… and here's #1! (yes, there's more than one. don't be so surprised!) I had never even heard of brow gel before I started watching her videos a little over a year ago, and now it's everywhere. I actually didn't buy this product (though it was on my list, and is the same one she uses every day), but I got the sample size in my april birchbox! I was SO stoked. The first time I wore it, it was a little weird. It's like hairspraying your eyebrows! But… I'm a believer. It's awesome. There are a lot of cheaper options that would work the same, I'm sure. But I've loved Anastasia, and I know this brand is all about brows, so I trust it!

Jergen's Natural Glow in "Medium to Tan" | It's that time of year! I have learned to stop kidding myself when it comes to getting a summer tan. My skin just doesn't take to the sun like I think it does. I don't tan easily. Thankfully, I don't burn easily either, but it leaves me pale all year long. Enter Jergen's. Everyone's tried and true self tanner. There has been a lot of talk of other self tanners out there that can presumably do a better job, but I'm gonna stick with what works for me. Also, they recently reformulated this stuff and it doesn't smell nearly as weird as it used to! I don't mind the smell, and never really did, but it lingers. I can always smell it. And that's the same, but so be it. I am technically Light to Medium skin tone, but I've used this product for long enough to know how it works, and I know I will get the color I want with the darker formula. As long as you are careful and blend well, you will be tan in a week! I also love that this product is available. I can get it at the grocery store. And it's cheap! I can never find the other kinds everyone talks about, and they're usually too expensive. I'm only in my 20's, but I'm starting to take skin care very seriously. I know I won't be young forever, so getting the tan I want without the UV rays is a bonus.

LUSH Mask of Magnaminty | And here's Jaclyn tested, Jaclyn approved product #2! To be honest, I've had my eye on the glam glow mask for, oh, EVER, but I just can't bring myself to splurge on it just yet. When I was at City Creek with my mom and sisters recently and I stumbled upon the Lush store (when did they get Lush?!?!?!!!!), I walked in immediately (well, I first went to the bath bombs and bought a few… amazing. Let's talk about these another time.) and grabbed it right away. Being the skeptic that I am, I bought the smaller tub, but it's lasted a lot longer than I thought it would! This mask is amazing in so many ways. The smell? TO DIE FOR. I want to put it on just so I can smell it. I can't even count the number of times I pulled out the tub and smelled it the rest of the day after I bought it while we were still shopping. It's amazing. It's a true, deep cleaning mud mask and leaves your skin so soft and so clean. They recommend you use it once a week, but I feel like it's deep cleaning, without being intense, and I can use it more often…. as in… I used it twice in a row right after I bought it. Morning or night, this mask works wonders on your skin and it's made of all natural ingredients, which I love. Lush is my new favorite store, and I'm already planning my next purchases (starting with the body butter because holy…)

No comments:

Post a Comment