Thursday, May 8, 2014

C L U T T E R

It's kind of a funny thing how much sentimental value an object can hold. I'm coming out of a huge de-clutter mood, and here's the end results. i'm basically the queen of "well, it's still cute, so maybe i'll like wearing it again some day." or "it's so cute, but i hate how it looks on me, but that might change (it won't ever change, just in case you were wondering) so I'm going to hang it back up and stare at it for two more years"

things that stayed:
+ my golf shoes (although i'm positive i haven't worn them in over a year)
+ my wedding shoes 
+ the dress i was wearing (a fancy cocktail dress that i will only where for rare occasions, if ever again) when devin met me for the first time - we were at a wedding.
+ my favorite ugly t-shirt, which i wore during most of the process (it's rags. so gross. but i just love it)
+ the bag i pouted over until my mom finally caved and bought for me to use as a backpack in seventh grade (it's a grade computer case, okay?)
+ the only hat i own: a straw fedora
+ the menthol chapstick i found in the bottom of an old bag! yahtzee!

things that went:
+ countless (and I truly mean countless) forever 21 v-neck shirts in colors, and other colors. (because they've been replaced with target's v-necks)
+ the lace pumps i coveted for months and months before finally saving the money to spend on them.
+ the cross body bag i bought specifically for our honeymoon
+ dozens of cutoff jeans
+ bright purple skinny jeans (we went, we saw, we conquered... we returned with better fashion sense.)
+ several tops that somehow made it with me through all these moves from the ninth grade… to now. (#what #how #dontaskbecauseidontknow) (#hoardersanonymous)
+ my 11th grade preference dress (i had no idea it was hanging in that garment bag, i swear)
+ most of my skirts (i'm just going to have to start from scratch here, because #no)

so after my closet lost about a hundred pounds, i thought i might as well try to get some money for it, right? so i went to one of those buy clothes / sell clothes stores, which took my entire lunch break (#firstworldproblem)s and they only took, like 4 things. which is funny, because every time i go into those stores, i always have the biased opinion that my clothes make more sense to sell then the outdated stuff on their racks... whatever. so i went straight to DI and donated the rest, and the empty laundry basket in the back seat of my car is making me feel so good right now. is this some metaphor for my life right now? what can i get rid of next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment