Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Devin's Birthday

For Devin's birthday this year, we had the amazing opportunity to have Mirror Lake Diner all to ourselves. The owner, Gabe let us come after the restaurant had closed and he and Brandon (Devin's brother who manages the diner and works as chef) cooked us and all our closest friends and family amazing, amazing food.

We were both so glad with how many people came to celebrate! Devin was absolutely spoiled by every single person and we had so much fun talking and eating and carrying on! Devin was so humbled and grateful. I think he finally realizes how important he is to so many people. How appreciated and loved he is, and how many people value their friendship with him. I still think back to that night and how much it meant to me to have everyone come and show them how much Devin means to them! It was incredible, and I am so happy to give him all that attention!

It's a really neat experience to watch a room light up just by your husband's presence, and see a group of really great people come just for him. I feel so lucky to be his wife - that is the ultimate blessing.

Earlier in the day, before we headed up to the diner, we drove down to Orem and Devin got a new gun! He's been really into guns lately, and has learned a lot and done a lot of research and he really loves it. He got a small handgun and we spent the afternoon in the range breaking it in and getting in some practice with our Beretta as well. He was so psyched to have a new gun, and I didn't mind either! I loved it. I loved how happy it made him. 

Next, we had lunch at one of his favorite places, Slab, and then we headed to Park City and checked in to our hotel for the weekend.

Taking a day out of the year to focus on Devin and celebrate him is always such a pleasure to me. Of course I try to show him appreciation every single day, but a birthday is different. I have so much to be thankful for in my husband, and I don't get enough chances to truly spoil him for it. I'm still pretty amazed that I'm the lucky one that gets to be his wife. Anyone who knows Devin loves him. He is such a sincere and loyal friend. He is so professional and hardworking, but knows exactly how to goof off and relax. I feel like in the last few years, Devin has finally found his niche. He is finally where he wants to be and where he truly feels he needs to be, and the course of events that have taken place these last few years have proven that over and over, and I'm so happy for him.

Devin isn't just an incredible person, but an incredible husband as well. He works so tirelessly to provide for us, and manages to make it all fun at the same time. He never once misses kissing me good morning or goodnight, he's never once raised his voice at me or called me degrading names, and has maintained a serious respect for our relationship from the very beginning, that means the world to me. I could never have imagined a marriage better than ours. Everything works so well between us and it just reiterates the truth that we are supposed to be together, doing exactly what we're doing.

So if you haven't already, go wish that man the happiest of birthdays, because he certainly deserves it.

IMG_2902 
On the left, the new Kahr CW 380, and on the right, our trusty Beretta Nano 9mm - the Kahr is so tiny!

IMG_2905 
I haven't even tried aiming yet. I'm still focusing on keeping my eyes open when I pull the trigger!

IMG_2908 
The Kahr is so small, it's almost easier to shoot with one hand. Hardly any recoil!

IMG_2909 
Lunch at Slab. My favorite combo: pizza and root beer.

IMG_2917 
Off to Park City! Cooper stayed with Brandon and 4 dogs in Kamas.

IMG_2925 
Our pit stop for dog food just happened to be next to the Milcreek gym. Coop was people watching.

IMG_2929 
I loved that they made a personalized menu just for Devin! It was such an awesome touch to a perfect party.

IMG_2928 
Another sweet surprise was when Gabe, the owner, turned down the lights and brought the cake out with candles and we all sang happy birthday. I truly can't thank Gabe enough. He is one of the greatest people I've ever met! 

IMG_2927
Even baby Scarlett came to wish Devin a happy birthday! And she laughed for us! Baby giggles are officially the cutest sound in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment