Sunday, April 13, 2014

Favorite Things Party

A few Saturdays ago, while all the men went to the Preisthood session, Danica and I threw a big ol' party. We invited all these great ladies to come eat salsa and macarons and cake bombs and dirty diet cokes, and we had the greatest time.

We asked each girl to bring 3 of her favorite thing (I brought this incredible candle that everyone needs in their home), and then we did a big exchange. We all took a minute to tell everyone about our favorite thing (there was candy, there was lipstick, there was laundry detergent, the list went on! everyone was so creative!) and then drew 3 lucky girls' names who got to be the recipient of our favorite thing, so... we each left with three new favorite things!

I left with this e.l.f. eyeliner that Rachel swears by (and I completely trust her, because her eyeliner that night was phenomenal), this amazing NYX matte lipstick in the shade "Indie Flick" which Emilee brought, as an ode to her favorite fashion blogger, Cara Loren, and an amazing candle Eleisa brought from Alice Lane (I'm obsessed with candles right now), which is where she works, the lucky lady! It was like Christmas morning every time a girl called your name and you got to take one of her favorite things!

IMG_2425
IMG_2424

And let me just tell you: best. party. ever. I am still on such a high from it. I met so many awesome girls, and had so many great friends come (and for those that didn't come - namely my own sisters! - we will for sure see you next time, because trust me, you won't wanna miss it!), and it was just this giant, girl love fest all night long. So much girl talk. So much diet coke. And a killer game of hilarious, cliche utah valley mormon girl bingo (we couldn't not. it was just too funny). I loved it.

IMG_2309

I so wish I would have been more mindful and taken better pictures, or even more pictures, but I snapped these so quick while we were finishing setting up, and the group shot took 3 tries to get just the one photo (I was using some Japanese self timer app... it was complicated, and kept timing it for 30 seconds on accident... now, that's an awkward length of time to pose for a photo... anyway…) Great night. Great girls.

IMG_2313
Goodie bags for everyone to take their swag home in.

IMG_2314
The spread: dirty diet coke station (best investment I've made this year: a giant bottle of coconut syrup.), chips, salsa and queso, macarons, and cake bombs (Danica is a cake bomb genius).

After we finished the favorite things exchange, Danica sent around a notepad so we could all list what we brought, in case we didn't get something we really wanted, we could go buy it ourselves! (totally going to buy one of haley's water bottles that had a built-in filter, and the gel nail polish that nicole brought, and probably everything else!) This party was so much fun, we're already getting ready to plan another! I think this will become a regular thing! Thanks again for hosting with me, D! Read Danica's post about the party here.

3 comments:

  1. That elf eyeliner IS amazing. I've been using it for years. And I am SO freaking bummed that I missed this! I WILL be there next time for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah sorry mine took so long to put up but it's here! http://www.danicaholdaway.com/2014/04/14/favorite-things-gno/ It was seriously amazing and I am still coming up with ideas for future girl's nights. Like Laser Tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear by that eyeliner too! I recently picked up a pack of ELF liquid eyeliners and instantly fell in love!! So amazing. Looks like such a lovely night!!

    ReplyDelete