Wednesday, April 2, 2014

March Favorites

IMG_2283 IMG_2282
these photos have horrible lightning. i was in a hurry. it was late. i don't know.

Philosophy Purity One Step Facial Cleanser | I had heard the hype about this face wash for so long, but was always hesitant to try it. I wouldn't say my skin is sensitive, but I am always worried about trying new products, because it's my face, you know? I can't just put anything on there. Once I ran out of my tried and true C.O. Bigelow Vitamin Boost Gel Cleanser (now discontinued, I believe), I decided to give it a try. I had no idea how gentle and simple this cleanser was! I mean, with a name like Purity, what else could I have expected, but every time I wash my face, I am surprised again. It's so gentle, but at the same time, you can tell you're getting a deep clean. My skin has loved me ever since. I wish I would have bought the bigger bottle! This stuff is a little on the pricy side to me, but I have no plans of using another cleanser ever again! You definitely get your money's worth.

L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in "Magenta" | This is my favorite color to wear when I want the "I'm wearing a bold lip color" look. I have a gorgeous bright red lipstick that I just adore, but I've only tried it on once, and I'm way too nervous to wear it in public. Maybe I'll try it out on Sunday at church. Church is the best place to test stuff like that. Anyway, this bright magenta is the cutest, most fun color and I wear it as much as I can. It's adorable. I think it would look good on anyone.

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer | This stuff has been making the rounds, and I've seen it all over the internet. Once it got the stamp of approval from my girl, Danica, I knew I needed to give it a try. I've got the same issue as most girls: these giant ugly pores on the sides of my nose and in the center of my forehead. The worst, am I right? Here's your saving grace. This stuff. I haven't found an awesome pore shrinking toner or any other skin treatment (yet), but this primer has been my save all week long! The texture is so smooth, but in a weird way. I'm still not used to it, but my make up goes over it so flawlessly, it looks airbrushed, and I love it. I wouldn't say pore eraser, but it definitely makes them much, much less noticeable. The bottle is bigger than it looks online, and I think it's totally worth a try. So far, I've only been using it on my nose and forehead, and a different primer for the rest of my face, but it works either way. If you were hesitant to try this, because like me, it looks like something you would have purchased in junior high, buy it. It is magical.

Organix Keratin Oil Shampoo and Conditioner | This line of hair products had always caught my eye in stores, and when I finally decided to try it, I've never looked back! I will always be a true believer in Matrix Sleek Look shampoo, but with hair as long and thick as mine, expensive shampoo is out of the question. Organix has so many shampoos and conditioners, and I've been on a quest to try them all. I was immediately drawn to the Teatree Mint line, so I tried that first and absolutely loved it, and bought several bottles. Since then, I've gone on to try Coconut Milk (loved), Brazilian Keratin Therapy (loved) and Sea Mineral Moisture (hated this one. plus it smelled like dial soap in a bad way), and now Keratin Oil - my all time favorite so far. There are so many different kinds in this line, and I still want to try them all, but I've been using the Keratin Oil Shampoo and Conditioner for about 3 weeks now and each time, it blows my mind how smooth and soft my hair is after. I haven't had a shampoo do that for me in a long time!

E.L.F Zit Zapper | My Target finally expanded it's E.L.F. selection, and the second I noticed, I did some serious damage in the beauty department. Luckily, this brand is unbelievably cheap, and I didn't break the bank. One of the first things I snagged was the Zit Zapper. I had seen it numerous times around the internet, and wanted to give it a try. It's a roller ball style bottle with a blend of salicylic acid (found in most astringents, toners, and other acne/blemish-fighting skin care products), tea tree oil (known for it's natural skin healing properties), witch hazel (another natural remedy) and camphor (which I don't know what that is.. but it's working). I was skeptical because E.L.F. isn't necessarily high end product, especially for skin care, and the bottle was only $1 - but I was drawn in by the combination of ingredients I was familiar with and could pronounce. It seemed like a genius product, and it's proven itself. It dries me out pretty bad, which is sort of the point, and since i'm only spot treating specific blemishes or areas, it isn't effecting me too bad. For what it is? It's absolutely worth it. It's working for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment