Friday, April 11, 2014

Go Outside

As a kid, a lot of mixed emotions always surfaced whenever my parents announced another camping trip. All we ever did was go camping. Every vacation, every spring break was a camping trip. We always had a lot of fun on these trips, but I couldn't help but feel a tinge of jealousy when my friends were at Lake Powell or flying to Hawaii. I had never even been on an airplane (and that's still true).

As much as I fought it, though, I still loved camping. My parents instilled in me from a very young age, a wild love for the outdoors - and I'm so glad they did.

Luckily for me, I married a man who loves it as much as I do. And now, when we make plans for a sporadic weekend in the backcountry, I get this overwhelming sense of relief, knowing I am about to spend some time outside. Nothing makes me feel as at ease as that.

So... we're headed outside this weekend! I think you should do the same :)

No comments:

Post a Comment