Friday, April 25, 2014

Still Alive, Just Busy

any time i get even a tiny bit busy, my blog is the first thing to go from my to-do list. sorry (not really so much). at least this time it's been blissfully busy. still a little stressful, but in all the right ways.

devin just got called as the stake young men's secretary (this counts for at least 3 spots on my list of things that have kept us busy lately, right? yikes. he is the busiest person i've ever known. between school, work, new gym opening (have you been? you need to go. this gym is AMAZING, you guys.), another huge giant work thing we'll have to talk about later because it's still sort of secret, and school? yeah. just a bit busy.)

i've been sick. we'll leave it at that and spare you the details. (ew, gross. not like that.) (stop. i'm not pregnant. nice try.)

we've been actually living our lives instead of living them for the sake of documenting them on social media (there is a huge difference, and this side of it is so much better.) we've been going out with friends and hanging out with family and doing all sorts of awesome things and being super old fashioned about it because we're hardly taking any pictures (laugh, guys, that was a good one.)

this weekend will be a lot of fun. we actually get to go on a date tonight, and then we are babysitting scarlett all weekend while mckayla and zac head out of town for a little getaway! i'm so excited and also nervous. and then on sunday, devin will be at ward conferences all day, so i will be solo with the baby. but i'm going to go to church with my mom to my old home ward (my dad is in the bishopric of a single's ward so she goes alone most sundays), and this is where it gets really fun: going to my home ward (all the people that watched me grow up and have known me longer than anyone else), without my husband, and a baby that isn't mine. it's gonna get real confusing. it will be hilarious, i can't wait.

other things:

we had a wonderful easter. our sacrament meeting was so amazing, i cried like a baby almost the entire time. i don't want to get into it or else i'll start crying again, but i just felt so absolutely surrounded with love from my savior all day and i really needed it and it was amazing and i hadn't had a moment like that in awhile.

i got to spend an entire day with my sisters and mom celebrating my mom's birthday (which is actually today). we shopped at city creek for like, 6 hours. it was glorious. and then my little brother went to prom, and it was the cutest. he is the greatest kid. he has awesome friends, and the cutest date. and i just think the world of that kid. and then we went to provo beach resort with our friends, the andrews. and i haven't laughed that hard in a long time. it was the best. 

life's just been the greatest. and the busiest. 

1 comment:

  1. LOL I always have to clarify too "I don't feel good... nope not pregnant." Good luck with baby Scarlett! You'll be the cutest sub mommy

    ReplyDelete