Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Katie, Lately

IMG_2289 
My first time trying Ramen: loved it! Well, loved most of it. Pickled bamboo shoots? Not my jam. But everything else was absolutely delicious! Everybody needs to go see our favorite sushi guy, Mike at Kobe Sushi in Milcreek! He's amazing.

IMG_2290 
this photo of my husband makes me so stupidly happy. He has been working so tirelessly helping get the new gym ready and I'm so proud of him and his coworkers and his boss, Jeff for all of their hard work! The gym is INCREDIBLE. I have no words to describe how amazing it is. I am so proud! Today is opening day!

IMG_2298 
Fresh squeezed orange juice is so much better when you just juice the oranges, rather than squeeze them! This glass in particular followed an awesome mid week yoga class in provo at 3B yoga with my sisters! We loved it. 

IMG_2297 
My house now has a dirty diet coke station, but the syrup is going fast! Best purchase I've ever made.

IMG_2311 
Coop, just doing the dishes.

IMG_2312 
my cute sleeping family on a sunday morning. i love these two more than anything in the world.

IMG_2319 
quick story: about 4 years ago, I worked at Bath and Body Works - we were getting some new "props" (tables and display furniture) so these old tables were gonna get chucked. My boss offered to sell me one, so I bought it! And then it sat in my parent's garage for the next 4 years… and then, I got this absolute obsession over finding myself a way to have a little office space in our house and brought this desk home a few weeks later. Devin helped me sand it down and paint it (the yellow is a nod to our bedroom in our first apartment together - exact same paint color!), and viola! A little corner of my own in our tiny little house. I love it!

IMG_2324 
And so… I've been looking for any and every excuse to sit here and do stuff. (cutest thank you cards from the dollar spot in Target - I always find amazing stuff in there!)

IMG_2327 
Let's also talk about the day I took off work last week to make ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY FRENCH MACARONS. Yes, I took the day off work. To bake. And it was worth it! I feel like if I can finally get some consistency in my batches (they all come out different shapes and sizes, even though I use the same process every time) - I could really start doing this for real! If you know anyone who needs some macarons, and wouldn't mind my amateur skills, i'm your girl!

IMG_2335 
Let's also talk about how this 4 year old girl gives the very best hugs. She's got a huge heart for her Uncle Devin. I love her so much!

IMG_2336 
Finished product! I can't even believe it. My macarons!! I made those! What a proud moment.

IMG_2337 
So the story is this: Cameron is Devin's cousin. Melanie, his now wife, is french. As in FROM FRANCE. As in, not according to her ancestry, but as in full blown french. So, Devin's aunt, Cameron's mom thought it would be cute to have french macarons at the wedding reception, you know, since Melanie's relatives would be flying in, FROM FRANCE. Talk about intimidating! As I was putting the cookies out, Melanie asked if she could try one. I told her that made me nervous, since she was french. And in the cutest french accent, she said "why? because I know what real french macarons are?" and I said… exactly. She tried it…. and loved it! How much better does it get? A bona fide french woman loved my macarons. My life is COMPLETE.

IMG_2339
The Shops at Riverwoods has the prettiest view of Timp. What a gorgeous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment