Monday, May 4, 2015

18 Weeks

IMG_7271
+ today I am 18 weeks, 4 days

+ baby girl's the size of a SWEET POTATO

+ craving strawberries, fruit loops and frozen yogurt (it could be worse, right?)

+ okay, so maybe this thing is going by kind of fast! Ever since I hit 12 weeks, things have sped up a bit. Day to day, it drags. it really does. but when i look at the big picture, it's going fast! i can't believe i have less than 5 months left! gosh, that stresses me out when i think about it! there's so much to do!

+ still dealing with round ligament pain, though i've had a lot of advice! been guzzling water and taking baths whenever i can to relieve my ligaments of all the stretching and pressure! I'm also getting pretty good at moving at grandma-pace, and I think it's all helping. It's definitely not as bad as it was!

+ we've started loosely discussing things like a birth plan and hospital requests, and we've been trying to decide what things are most important to us when it comes to getting this baby girl here! the shift in our conversations lately is a little surreal! i can't believe we'll be parents.

+ i was laying in bed over the weekend in the morning, and i got to looking at pinterest and all the pregnancy related pins, and I just about had a panic attack. there is so much to do and learn and plan and know and it's so overwhelming. trying to remember to take it one day at a time, and trying to keep in mine that every pregnancy, ever mother, and every baby are different. but gah! that got me a little freaked out.

+ just before i turned 18 weeks, both Devin and I got really sick, right at the same time. We think it was food poisoning. We went over 24 hours without sleep, and it was absolutely miserable. I haven't been that sick in a long time! And it's true - pregnant women shouldn't be allowed to be sick! It was awful. Luckily, it only lasted about a day and a half, and we feel much better!


No comments:

Post a Comment