Saturday, July 25, 2015

An Attempted Update

I logged into blogger this morning with the intent of posting a life update that wasn't pregnancy related. Then I realized after about .4 seconds that that would be impossible because pregnancy is my life right now! When you're pregnant, it takes up your entire day. Not in a bad way, it just does. It effects everything I do, and it's all I think about. Like, ever. If I'm not distracted by her movement, or adding a million headbands to my etsy favorites, or entering another instagram giveaway from something baby-related, or going over our list of baby names, than I'm probably talking about her, organizing the baby stuff piled up in her crib, or reading other bloggers' birth stories for the 12th time. I love it though, and all the planning and researching and thinking and organizing just gets me that much more excited for her to get here! 

BUT

I'm still going to attempt to update you on the rest of our lives, because there's a little bit besides baby stuff happening. Sometimes. 

+ we are MOVING! haha it's funny to write that, because I'm pretty sure every single summer, we're tried to move. We thought we'd be in Herriman for 1 year. It's now been 3, and we are so sad to leave. I love this city, I love our tiny little house, but I won't miss the 20 minute commute, the annoying neighbor kids, the constant litter that accumulates in our backyard (we live on the corner lot), or the ward that doesn't seem to realize we've been here for three years. I will miss the view, our crazy CTR 4 class, all the natural light (we practically live in a greenhouse), and the easy access to SLC and the rest of salt lake county. But we really are moving! To Saratoga Springs. Because we couldn't fit a baby in this place if we tried! We are so excited though. Our new place is everything we wanted, closer to work and family, across the street from some of our best friends, and a fresh start! Just one more month! (And yes, I'll be 8 months pregnant. So if you wanna help us move, there's pizza in it for you!!!)

+ Devin averages about 50-60 hours of work a week. I would complain, but it's pretty spread out and Devin has become so good at managing his time and dedicating time specifically to work, or specifically to not working, instead of trying to do it all at once. He has been under a lot of pressure, and it's made for some pretty stressful few weeks, but he still loves what he does, and we really couldn't ask for more! 

+ I've been working, too, but I'm a strictly clock in at 9, clock out at 5, leave work at the door kind of person, so it's really not that exciting. I've been at my current job for 7 months now and I still feel like the new girl, haha. I love that I'm so close to Devin, and I really do work with a lot of great people, so it's not as bad as I make it out to be in my head sometimes, but with the baby on the way, the last thing I want to do is spend 8 hours a day at work. It's going to be so hard once she's here! Advise? Yes? Please!

+ That reminds me! I've been reading Amy Poehler's "Yes Please" and I absolutely love her! Way more than I realized! I've always been a fan, but after reading this book, I want to nominate her for President! She is the greatest. I love all these celebrity memoirs coming out lately, they are all so good!! I will admit though, I'm in a bit of a hurry to finish it so I can start reading "Go Set a Watchman" - UM. Can we talk about this for a second? Because I mean, HELLLLOOOOOOOO. If you didn't get that I'm obsessed with To Kill a Mockingbird by now, than we've got a serious problem. And I'll admit, when I heard that Harper Lee was releasing a second novel, happy tears were literally shed. Easily, easily in the top 10 happiest moments of my life. I can't wait to read it!!!!

+ since I've been pregnant, we've gone on 4 great trips - 3 of which included sleeping in a tent, which was something I'd sure I'd have to give up once I got further along. Turns out, I'm still sleeping pretty comfortably in a tent! So Devin and I are committed to two more trips before the baby comes - a night at Silver Lake, and a weekend in Arches! Can you believe I've never been to Arches? Am I even a Utah Native?! And Devin hasn't been since he was a kid. We are long overdue!!! 

+ Cooper turns 3 on Monday. THREE. I don't want to talk about it. 

+ I turn 24 the following Monday. Which is a lot less traumatic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment