Friday, November 14, 2014

supporting actress

IMG_5145

I thought maybe we were a bit overdue for an update on our life in general. Enough of the beauty posts, Katie. We get it. You found your niche. Message received. I haven't done much actual life updating lately, so here we are. I haven't been particularly busy or exciting lately. Some yoga classes here and there, rewatching the entire Gossip Girls series when I have spare 45 minute intervals (I've actually started watching them one half at a time because I just don't have 45 minutes to sit down and pay attention), and some intermittent baking.

We did get a new car, I guess that's pretty exciting. It's a dark blue / gray Jeep Compass that sometimes looks purple and sometimes almost brown, but black at night. We named him Crosby. He fits into our little fam way better than that hybrid ever did. Speaking of little fam, we've been trying to house train Cooper the last couple months. So instead of putting him in a pen in the kitchen, we let him roam around, and he's probably eaten an entire set of tupperware, and about 25% of my jewelry collection by now, but it's getting better. A few books have been shredded and he has this weird obsession with finding all of the socks he possibly can and scattering them around the house. Not even ruining them in any way, just leaving them everywhere. He has also eaten approximately 6 sticks of butter. It's a lot of fun. I think he's starting to get the hang of it, and we're starting to learn what we can and can't leave in his reach, but it's been an interesting process. I think we're almost there.

Devin has been all Momentum all the time. He is there every single day doing basically everything. He's got his hand in ever single detail and decision in that gym, and as tiring and as stressful as it is, it's also really cool and I know he feels empowered and fulfilled and accomplished at the end of every day. In our wildest dreams, we never imagined Devin would be given the opportunity to open a gym this early on, but it's been the biggest blessing to our life! He works with some truly amazing people that have all become so important to me, and I'm glad these are the ones he spends his days with. Devin is going to be the coolest boss, I'm sure. His role is so much more involved than I imagined. He is buying envelopes and clocks for the office one day, then unloading two tons of foam flooring from a semi truck, then he's in conference calls with Bulgaria, and training his new staff. He's all over the place! It's been hard to figure out how I can help him, but I know it's somewhere between hanging out at the gym until 1:00am while he installs security cameras and making sure he comes home to a clean house and a good dinner. Having this gym is turning out to be a huge adjustment for our life, but we're planning accordingly and I think we're starting to get it down.


I guess this part of my life is where I play the supporting actress. And I'm good with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment