Saturday, November 8, 2014

Products I Keep at Arm's Reach

IMG_5816

Okay this time, I wanted to tell you about the products I keep at arm's reach when I'm getting ready. I had the genius idea to repurpose this ikea spice rack and hung it promptly above the towel ring to store my products. Our bathroom didn't come with any shelving, just 3 drawers and a linen closet. So this was a creative win for me, but I think I need a second one now.

Anyway, I use almost every product on this shelf almost every day, or at least often enough that I need it there and not buried in the linen closet with the hydrogen peroxide and replacement toothbrushes. I didn't want to fuss with it too much, so there's a few products you can't even see in this picture, but I'll link everything, don't you worry.

IMG_5815

Starting left to right:

Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Primer | So you spray this in your hair when it's wet and it protects your hair against heat and helps it dry faster, which is huge for girls with thick hair like me.

Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Toner (Sensitive Skin) | I always feel like the stronger the astringent smells, the better it's supposed to work. This has been in my routine for years, and I feel like it tightens up my skin (in a good way). I've been using the Sensitive formula lately because I've been rehabilitating my skin from an awful breakout that hasn't gone away since April... let's not talk about it..

Matrix Oil Wonders | I'm a hair oil connoisseur - I love using hair oil (just on the ends!!!) after each wash. I feel like it keeps my ends healthy and gives my hair a finished look when it's styled.

Urban Decay "All Nighter" Makeup Setting Spray | Face hairspray. I've talked about this before. I generally only use a setting spray for days when I want to look my best for upwards of 14 hours, I usually don't worry about it on work days, but this stuff keeps all my product in place!

Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray | If you haven't heard everyone rave about this stuff, you're probably living under a rock. I finally gave it a try when I saw it at Ulta and noticed how cheap it is (like, $2) and now I spray some in my hair after I curl it to keep it from looking too polished and preppy. I like the messy beach wave look better.

Redken Control Addict Hairspray | I am not a hairspray user. But some situations require it. This giant bottle will last me probably 5 years, but it's fantastic. It doesn't leave a crusty buildup and it really doest hold.

Up & Up Dual-Treatment Moisturizer (Clean & Clear Dupe) | I needed a new moisturizer, and it was just luck that I found this one (a brand name dupe from Target) that also has salicylic acid in it for acne treatment, because again, I'm still fighting off this skin problem I've had since the spring.

Secret Cocoa Butter Deodorant | I hate deodorant. I hate that deoderont smell. But this stuff. This stuff just smells like shea cocoa butter lotion. And I haven't used anything different in probably 5 years.

Macadamia Healing Oil Spray | Another amazing oil spray. I got this one in my birchbox one month, but I keep it in constant rotation. I don't like the smell, it reminds me of old people, but it works so well, and does the same job as my Matrix oil.

Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo | I picked this up at Target because I love the beach babe spray so much, I figured their dry shampoo had to be on point. I was wrong. I hate this stuff, but it's what I've got right now and it was cheap. It smells bad, it doesn't come out of the bottle easily and it leaves way too much texture behind. But it'll do for now, and I don't have much choice because I use dry shampoo 2-3 times a week!

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion | This. Stuff. So it's a spot treatment for blemishes and it follows that same rule as astringents for me because the smell is so strong it makes my eyes water but I love it because it means it's working. You DONT SHAKE THE BOTTLE. The ingredients are supposed to be separated. You dip a q-tip all the way down to the pink clay at the bottom and then apply it directly to blemishes and go to sleep. It reduces size and redness over night and sometimes clears your blemish completely! It dries you out a little though, so moisturize after you rinse it off in the morning.

Philosophy Purity Cleanser | I've talked about this before too. My bottle's almost empty, that's how much I love and use this stuff. It's so simple and gentle but I feel like I really get a deep clean. Can't complain about it!

DIY Toner | I wanted to talk about this stuff in a separate post, so I probably will. I made this. It's a toner. And it smells super gross, but I don't think it'll ever leave my skin care routine. I have loved using natural alternatives to products lately, and this is my favorite one so far. I still use my Clean & Clear toner, but I always use this one, too. It's a mix of products you can find at the grocery store! More later!

Kroger Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover | Nuetrogena knock off. You can get this stuff anywhere. It's the best and most effective way to remove eye makeup without hurting yourself. I use this every single night. I have the Kroger brand version, which you can get at Smith's, and I also use the Target brand one.

Chapstick Medicated | If you know me at all you know this is my holy grail. The one and only chapstick that fulfills my every need when it comes to lip moisturizing.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite dry shampoo is Suave, surprisingly. So, it's only like two bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I just tried to post a comment and it didn't work! Anyway I was going to say I am Super picky about dry shampoo.. It has to smell good. It has to make your dirty hair smell better than it does.. Not worse.. Is that too much to ask? Anyway, I had been using a suave one but the other day I ran out of hair spray and went to get the Dove one that I am obsessed with because it smells good and I saw they make a dry shampoo now! So far I am in love. It smells so clean and that's important to me! I literally felt like I had just washed my hair. Also, I just got the beach babe spray and texturizing cream tonight and OMG the smell alone has sold me. Sooo good! I love these posts that you do Katie!!

    ReplyDelete