Thursday, January 2, 2014

Katie, Lately

IMG_0931 
arrived at my little sister's house for sunday dinner and was greeted by this wreath that's as big as my car

IMG_0948 
you can always tell what type of day i'm having by how i did my hair

IMG_0953 
when i came home and saw all this snow a few weeks ago, my first thought was that cooper would love it. and then i snapped this photo because once he got back there, it would get totally ruined.

IMG_0969 
devin and i took family photos a few weeks ago for the family of the couple who's wedding we met at! it was so great to see them and catch up and meet their family! 

IMG_0968 
as much as i'm glad to not live in utah valley anymore, i do still love it. and it's gorgeous as ever.

IMG_0989 
oh my gosh, this dog and his penguin. cooper always grows so attached to his toys and always totes them around so carefully for awhile before chewing them up. i've caught him cuddling with this penguin so many times, it's adorable.

IMG_0977 
more cuddling

IMG_0988 
greatest new treat. confession: i bought it for the packaging, but i'm going back for more because it tasted so good! 

IMG_1014
when i found edible glitter in the baking aisle, i couldn't leave without it.

IMG_1032 
that glitter went directly onto macarons to give to family and friends for christmas. how cute are these?!

IMG_1033 
a few of my co workers all got together and made us a big breakfast on christmas eve since we were working the first half of the day.

IMG_1034 
the cutest packaging for those macarons

IMG_1048 
i'm telling you, he does it all the time.

IMG_1053 
i've been horribly sick for over a week now, and this guy is the best buddy to hang out with at home. i entertain myself by practicing his tricks.

IMG_1054 
devin got me another feral watch! i love these things! merry christmas to me.

IMG_1058 
after a double date with devin's parents for sushi, we ended the night at their house watching the game, and i snuggled my baby girl, Addi by the fire while we waited for her parents to show up.

IMG_1066 
i can't even begin to tell you how excited i am to have art on our walls that isn't wedding photos

IMG_1091
devin's mom regularly has drumsticks for dessert, and i had never liked them before that, but now i'm buying them at the grocery store myself because i can't stay away!

5 comments:

  1. Could your dog be any cuter? I really don't think so. Cute pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. oh, thank you! i looked at your blog after I read this comment and I actually know your brother in law, Seth! We were friends in high school, but I'm sure he'd deny it, haha ;) i love your blog, too!

      Delete
  3. You're killing me with cuteness with those macaroons! The glitter! The packaging! The fact that they're macaroons! By the way, are macaroons difficult to make?
    Oh, and your puppy dog is killing me, too.
    I'm excited to have found your blog! xoxo - Amy
    glitterinmytea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you so much! I absolutely love making macarons and they have a reputation of being one of the most difficult cookies to make. I don't consider myself a professional, or even gifted baker, but I've always managed to have great luck with making macarons! I've posted an in depth tutorial about the process on my old blog if you want to take a look! I definitely recommend you give it a try, it's a lot of fun! The glitter you can get form practically any baking or craft store (the kind I have is from the Wilton brand and I'm pretty sure I got it at Michael's!). It has no taste, and is sort of messy and difficult to work with, but I think it's worth it to top any cupcake or cookie! And that little pup sure is the cutest! I'm a little biased though :) thanks for following along! (link to macaron tutorial: http://devinandkatieashby.blogspot.com/2013/03/french-macarons.html)

      Delete