Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween

This year so far, Halloween seems a little more festive! Even though it's not the actual Halloween yet, we've been having fun celebrating with family. On Saturday, Amanda threw a huge party - it was amazing! She had made all these soups, breads, desserts, homemade root beer, it was awesome! There was even a popcorn machine and halloween music! We had so much fun. Devin had to work, so I went by myself, dressed up as a cat (I didn't really dress up, I just painted my face and wore cat ears, but I had to do something since everyone would be dressed up too!) 

The kids all looked SO adorable. Makayla, Kaden and Addison were pirates! Technically, Addi was a princess pirate, and she will correct you. They looked so great and loved showing off their costumes. Benny's costume probably took the cake though! Sean and Chloe couldn't agree on a costume for his first Halloween - Sean loves Batman and wanted benny to be that for Halloween, where Chloe has always loved elephants and had found a cute elephant costume for him, so they did a compromise: an elephant dressed up as batman! He didn't stay in the outfit for very long because he wasn't feeling too good, but he looked SO cute and loved the attention. He is the happiest baby, even when he's sick, I just don't understand! 

Amanda sent me home with a bunch of leftovers of her delicious homemade soups: tomato bisque, chili and clam chowder. We had such a good time, and it was good to see grandparents and even meet some of Amanda and Jason's neighbors! I hope we do parties like this every year because it really was so much fun. Amanda went all out and decorated everything, and Makayla made up halloween-themed names for all the foods. According to her, we ate things like goblin droppings, mummy puke, scarecrow patties and bat slime! She is so creative. I love this family! I live to be an aunt to my nieces and nephews, and if this is anything like being a mom, then I truly can't wait! We have the greatest time!

IMG_0122 IMG_0095 IMG_0121 IMG_0123 IMG_0124 IMG_0125 IMG_0120 IMG_0119

No comments:

Post a Comment