Sunday, October 13, 2013

Baby Morck, Gender Reveal | It's a....

I had so much fun throwing together a small party for McKayla's gender reveal. Wednesday afternoon, she had her ultrasound appointment, and didn't even peek in the envelope for the next several hours between her appointment and the party! We had a pretty fun time driving around town in Zac's huge truck (the step to get into the truck is higher than my knee.. it was a challenge) with Kayla's cute little niece Diana in tow. We took our giant box to partyland and grabbed a few things from the grocery store, after stopping at the pet store to see the puppies of course, while they filled the box with balloons and taped it shut for us. 

Parents and grandparents and little baby morck's great grandparents all began showing up at her apartment, and since Kayla and Zac were too anxious to wait any longer, we went right downstairs to the grass and they opened the box. They cut it open right away and the balloons began floating out of the box - all bright PINK! It's a girl! I knew it would be a girl, and for whatever reason, I really wanted it to be a girl, too. We were all so excited! We went upstairs and had pizza and dessert and the crowd slowly filtered back out the door. 

It's hunting season, so Dad and Kyle weren't able to come, but Dad called me right after and I told him what the verdict was. He is going to be the greatest grandpa, I'm so excited for him. He talked to Kayla for a little while, and then Devin and I drove home. I went straight to my computer to put together a little video Kayla could use to announce the gender, and it turned out pretty cute! Here's the video: 

No comments:

Post a Comment