Friday, November 15, 2013

Wishlist 2013

A lot has been leading up to this weekend, and I am anxious to get started. If you follow me on instagram, you know I've been enlisting the help of my friends to make french macarons every night this week (which will be for sale TOMORROW at the boutique! COME!!!). I still have tons to put together for the boutique tomorrow, and I haven't even started packing for Phoenix and we leave at 5am on Sunday! Fwew. It's going to be a busy day today, so I'll leave you with this: my wishlist this year.

Print

I'm not going to link up to some of these, because you can find them everywhere.

1. cheetah print scarf: i can't for the life of me find one that i love, but oh, the things i could do with a cheetah print scarf. i love that this print is practically a neutral these days.
2. this bag from target. it looks like the perfect balance between the too-small over-the-shoulder bag, and too-big mary poppins tote. plus it's so cute and classic looking. i love that it is structured, but not stiff, and the color is perfect.
3. toms. say what you will about toms, and i will "here, here" to all your negative comments, because these shoes are overpriced, especially for how easily they wear out, but i just can't stay away. they are so convenient, and look good with everything. did you know my wedding shoes were toms? sparkly ones. i know.
4. miette cookbook. i've wanted this cookbook since the dawn of time. i had this huge urge a few months ago and all of a sudden i needed every cookbook ever. i made a huge list of all the ones i want, and this one is at the very top.
5. the guersey literary and potato peel pie society. i rented this book from the library ages ago and read it on a family vacation and loved it. and if i read a book i love, it's a problem if i don't own it. and i've never picked up a copy. i need it! it's officially on the list.
6. hunter boots. i'm not even going to be super picky about the color, because they are all cute. i don't know how practical rain boots would be for me, but it doesn't keep them off my list. so cute. and a fun switch from leather riding boots.
7. cotton candy extract. that little teeny tiny picture is an item on the list, haha not just a weird mark. once i realized that cotton candy extract was an actual thing?! my world changed. imagine all of the things i could do with this! first thing on the list would obviously have to be cotton candy macarons. cotton candy is my favorite.
8. society 6 phone cases. once i discovered society 6, i sort of went hog wild and became obsessed with everything (they just added mugs to the line!). i can always find a handful of cases i'd love, and i had a bunch for my old phone, but when devin and i upgraded to the 5s, my 4s cases are too small, so i had to give them to my sister! now i need some new ones!
9. north face vest. i recently bought a vest from old navy that's big and fluffy and tweed and i love it, but now i need an outdoor gear version. when you're married to an outdoor enthusiast, a lot of your gifts end up being gear. since i met devin, i have acquired quite the coat collection, and in the backcountry, i'm always nice and warm. what i'm starting to realize is that sometimes those backcountry layers don't translate to my daily fashion. i can't always wear my 800 fill down coat over a cute blouse, and my one black peacoat is getting way overused, so i started growing the fashion side of my coat closet, hense the old navy vest. but now i've got to balance it out and add a vest to the outdoor-gear side of the coat closet. making sense? i'm weird.
10. sigma f80 flat top kabuki brush. if you have heard of or watched any of jaclyn hill's youtube videos, you know exactly what this brush is, and exactly it's importance in your makeup bag. i started watching jaclyn hill videos several months ago and it has completely changed the way i do my make up and take care of my skin. jaclyn swears by this brush, and uses it in every single video and it does a flawless job. i didn't realize until i started watching her channel that the brush you use makes a huge impact on how your makeup goes on (did you know that some brushes are for blending, and some are for packing on pigmented powder? i had no idea. no wonder i can never wear eye shadow! - see what i mean? it's changed my whole routine!) anyway. i need this brush, well i need a lot of brushes, but this one is a good start.

there it is! my wishlist. well, the surface of my wishlist. i'm constantly adding things to my wishlist, and it will always be never ending, but these are on top for now. except for if i could just have a big fat target giftcard, i'd be more than happy.

1 comment: