Saturday, January 23, 2016

Latest Favorite Beauty Buys



Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara | My sister recommended this mascara to me and said it was a true dupe for my all time favorite: Benefit They're Real! mascara. I was skeptical, but the next time I needed to buy a new tube, I decided to try this one and I LOVE IT! My only complaint: it transfers to my brow bone every. single. time. I complained to my sister about this and she said she has the same problem and just applies it first, cleans it up once it's dry, and then goes in with eyeshadow. Ugh. It's worth it though!

Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub | (not sure why this link only goes to a mint chocolate one?) Every time I go to Lush, they are sold out of mint julip and only have popcorn and bubblegum, which both sound terrible to me, haha but the last time I was in store, this was in stock so I snagged one! I love having soft lips, so exfoliating them about once a week is key. I love that this is all natural (they actually recommend you lick off the product once you are done rubbing it in!). It works like a charm and I feel like it makes my lip products apply way more smoothly. My only complaint: the scrub at the top of the jar tends to dry up a bit, but it's still totally usable and you don't waste any product!

Rusk Texture Dry Finishing Spray Medium Hold | It's possible I've mentioned this before, but it's because I love it so much. Pictured is a travel size version, but YOU GUYS, THIS SPRAY. So, here's what I love about a texturizing spray: when I curl my hair, by the end, every single curl has fallen into the same wave, and I prefer to break it up a bit. This stuff smells amazing and works perfectly. I love that it doesn't leave my hair feeling like there is product in it. I also really love the Not Your Mother's Beach Babe sea salt spray, too, I just like this one better. Only complaint: the price ($18 for the full size).

NYX Hi Definition Photo Concealer Wand | When I first got this concealer, I hated it. it was super crepe-y under my eyes and settled in the creases and fine lines. The next time I used it, I went in with less product (I'll admit, I was pretty heavy handed that first time), and now I'm in love! What I love most about this concealer is that it comes in a shade light enough to actually be highlighting on my skin (I mainly conceal under my eyes - I use a concealer that matches my foundation for blemishes!) I'm not sure why, I mean I'm not that pale, but I hadn't found a concealer light enough to do that before. I love this formula. It's my new go-to. Only complaint: how easy it is to apply too much, and have it crease.

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herb and Rosewater | Those bins by the check out at Ulta are my kryptonite. But I love being able to find travel / sample sizes of products I have wanted to try, and it's also nice when you see something you think you might like, but you're not sure that you want to commit to the full sized product. That's what happened with this facial spray. I love facial sprays, and I had the old school C.O. Bigelow Vitamin Boost Toner for YEARS before they discontinued it (I'm still bitter!). I've loved making my own toner (out of witch hazel, ACV and essential oils), but I wanted something a little more refreshing. This spray smells like roses, I love it so much! I can't say it's improved my skin (yet, at least), but I love how refreshing it is. I spray it on every morning and night. My one complaint is that this is one of those products that doesn't really do anything for you, but it's just nice to have around. Maybe a little worthless, but I like it anyway.

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge | When the beauty blender came out, lots of dupes followed, and I feel like at first, everyone was saying that none of the knock-offs held a candle to the original. I don't know if Real Techniques changed their sponge, but all of the sudden everyone is raving about it! Devin got me a few for Christmas to try, and I've been hooked! I like that they are a little bigger than the beauty blender, and a little softer. My only complaint: the flat side! I'm not a fan. I feel like it doesn't push flush against my face, which makes it harder to blend, so I only use the pointed end. But for a fraction of the cost of the original beauty blender, I think I'll make the switch permanently!

Lush Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser | Have I already talked about this cleanser? Probably. But I will never use anything else probably ever. In August, I went to Lush and had an employee sit me down and do all the product demos on my arm after I told her about my skin and what I was looking for. I was sold on Angels on Bare Skin right away, because it left my skin SO SMOOTH, and it was exfoliating without being too aggressive. Now, I use it every single day, and I've told everyone I know about it. I've also said multiple times, that I SWEAR I noticed a difference after one use. It makes my skin glow. It completely cleans out your pores, so gently, it's all natural, smells so good and my only complaint is that it's a little bit messy, but I really don't mind!

1 comment: