Friday, October 10, 2014

Four Years Ago



i think about that wedding announcement, hanging from a rhinestone magnet on a board in my bedroom. impending change, behind that date, scrolled across the stationary paper, next to a gorgeous photo of the couple. i think about that day, getting ready, curling the maid of honor's hair and rushing her out the door. i think about stepping out of that old beater car, looking up and marveling at the mansion home in front of me, feeling a chill, and immediately regretting my outfit choice and lack of a jacket. i had no idea what lie ahead of me. i had no idea how much that night, how simply walking into that wedding, would absolutely and completely alter my future. 

four years ago, i walked into a wedding. for some reason i won't understand, but will always be grateful for, i caught devin's eye.

is it cheesy if i say the rest is history? 


if you want, the full story is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment