Wednesday, June 11, 2014

May Favorites

IMG_3146 

 Late and thrown together last minute, once again, so sorry in advance that it's a mess! I didn't find a ton of new stuff this month, but I did have some older products grow on me, and of course, dove head first at anything recommended by Jaclyn. Here we go.

Maybelline Elixir Lip Color in "Dashing Orchid" | Recommended by Jaclyn. I love the formula, and the packaging is so cute, but I wish I would have gone with the violet shade. It would have matched my skin tone better. In person it's a lot darker and more plum then it shows in this link. I guess I'll just have to go back for more! Aw, shucks. I have always been so impressed with Maybelline's lip products. All of them. Just go get them all.

Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser | So. This is embarrassing, but if you have seen me at all in the last month, you probably noticed my horrendous break out that's pretty much all over my face. It's a mystery. It's frustrating. It hasn't gone away, but it hasn't gotten worse, so I finally called my doctor. She told me to use any facewash with benzoyl peroxide in it, and this is the first one I found. This has 10% benzoyl peroxide in it which is about as high as you can go, but it seems to be doing the job, slowly but surely! It seems like my face reacts better to this than to anything with salicylic acid, which is the other popular active ingredient. I can't wait for my skin to clear up so I can stop looking like a pubescent teenage boy! So if you are all suffering from mystery break outs, give benzoyl peroxide a try.

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in "Iced Latte" | Ooooh my goodness. Go by this in every single color. It's a pressed pigment, and it's SO pigmented. It goes on so smooth and pretty and you literally barely swipe and have a gorgeous color. It's not chalky at all, which is what I was afraid of. I love this lighter shade because it can double as a highlighter. I originally wanted "Amber Rush" which is more of a rose gold, but it's sold out everywhere in stores right now. Thanks, Jaclyn! This picture shows barely one swipe on my finger tip! It's gorgeous.

IMG_3149

L'Oreal True Match Foundation | Everybody loves the "lumi" version of this, but I avoid anything hydrating because I'm oily. I have my eye on a few brand name foundations but this is tiding me over for now. I'm horrible at picking a color that matches me without swatching, so the shade I got (W2, Light Ivory) is just a little too light for me, but it's not the end of the world. For drug store? You really can't beat it.

E.L.F. Studio Poreless Face Primer | It sounds lame, but e.l.f. is totally killing it right now! I'm not afraid to buy any of their products because the most expensive thing is like, $8. This primer is only $6! I honestly can't tell a difference between this one and the smashbox one. I've only been using primers for a couple months so getting used to the texture is taking some time, but it makes a huge difference in your makeup application. I would recommend this to anyone. It's super cheap and it really works! If you have wanted to try out a primer, start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment