Sunday, March 16, 2014

Ashby HQ

I don't know how it started, probably with me though. We have named all of the places we've lived, which is only 2 so far, but it's fun. When we lived in Orem, in my cute grandparents' basement, we called it The A-P-T. Who knows why. Whatever. That was a great apartment. We've got a lot of good memories about that place, and a lot of crazy ones, too. It was perfect for us in the very beginning, but we grew out of it very, very fast. Which is a funny way of putting it, because we definitely down sized by moving into our second place: Ashby HQ.

We had been itching to move for awhile. We needed to get out of grandma's basement. We felt like we needed to grow up. We needed to get out of the valley. We needed to get a dog. We needed a big change. And all of that is exactly what we got. No longer are we paying a lump sum rent every month to grandma. We pay rent, and all of our individual bills for utilities, etc. Which makes us feel more grown up. We got out of the valley, and that's been a well documented, welcomed change. And we got a dog. Obviously.

So far, Ashby HQ is my favorite. And I think it will be a favorite for a long time, even when we buy a house, I will love this little town home. And I mean little. We've got about 700 square feet of space to live in and make a home out of, and I think it's gone well. We have one bedroom. It's small, but fits our bedroom set, and there's room to walk. That's all we need. We don't spend any time in there, anyway. We lucked out with at least 10 of those square feet being just for the closet. Our glorious walk in closet. It's going to be pretty hard to move somewhere with a smaller closet, because I'm sure I take it for granted, even though I can never find space for my shoes. We've also got a decent sized bathroom, with a giant tub. That's probably my favorite part. And then there's a kitchen and a small living room. A little area designated to us as our own backyard, and a patio. And that's home.

I had been wanting to take photos of this house since we moved in. Then it was always once i decorate, i'll take photos. Then life happens. Like it does. But I've actually made it a priority on my list this time. To wait for a day where the lighting was good, and the house was tidy, and the camera was charged. Having all three of those things happen at once was probably the biggest challenge, but I finally made it happen a few months ago. 

This little house feels so much more like home than the A-P-T ever did. The A-P-T was grandma's house. Not ours. This is ours. I mean, the owners live somewhere in Arizona and rent this little place out for extra income. They go through a rental management company to take care of everything, and that's who we report to (and HOA can be a real pain, sometimes, in case you were wondering), but it's still more ours than anything else. I love it here, and I'll be sad to leave it, but I know when we do, it will be time for a new adventure.

  AshbyHQ01 AshbyHQ02 AshbyHQ03 AshbyHQ04 AshbyHQ36 AshbyHQ33 AshbyHQ05 AshbyHQ06 AshbyHQ07 AshbyHQ08 AshbyHQ09 AshbyHQ10 AshbyHQ11 AshbyHQ12 AshbyHQ13 AshbyHQ14 AshbyHQ15 AshbyHQ16 AshbyHQ17 AshbyHQ18 AshbyHQ19 AshbyHQ20 AshbyHQ21 AshbyHQ22 AshbyHQ23 AshbyHQ25 AshbyHQ26 AshbyHQ27 AshbyHQ28 AshbyHQ29 AshbyHQ30 AshbyHQ31 AshbyHQ32 AshbyHQ37AshbyHQ38 AshbyHQ39


* I forgot to take pictures of the laundry room and garage… oops. 

3 comments:

  1. What a cute place! I love it. My husband and I are in Alpine and we were wanting to move up north, but it just doesn't make sense for us right now. Where is yours at? You decorated it so cute! And I am so jealous that you got a dog!! I have loved following your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am never satisified when I decorate - it's constantly changing! We are currently in Herriman, but plan on moving further east and north when our lease is up at the end of the summer, we've been looking for a place in sandy or draper! I love Salt Lake County so much more than Utah County - it's been such a breath of fresh air!

      Delete
  2. Ok your place is so cute!! Oh my goodness! I too want to get out of Utah County SO bad. Glad to hear it makes a difference. Sadly, it won't happen until next December.. But I'm looking forward to it:) Loved all the pics!

    ReplyDelete