Sunday, October 4, 2015

39/40 Weeks

IMG_8869
due date bump - 40 weeks on October 1st!

+ Today I am 40 weeks, 3 days pregnant

+ Baby girl is as big as she needs to be, and at this point, probably bigger! I'm sure she's 8 pounds by now!

+ Hospital bags are packed, and everything is in place and ready for this girl to come!

+ I have zero signs of labor. For the last 4 weeks, at my doctor's appointments, I have been dilated to a "tight one" and 70% effaced. So basically, nothing, ha! I haven't had any contractions, and even had my membranes stripped on Tuesday - nothing happened! She's showing absolutely no signs of coming on her own any time soon!

+ I am scheduled to be induced at 41 weeks, on Thursday, if she doesn't come before then! 

+ At this point, we are literally completely ready. The house has been deep cleaned, the groceries have been stocked, the nursery is completely done, the hospital bags are packed, and the car is full of gas. We are ready to go to the hospital at any second! I've even put myself on a hair washing schedule that will ensure I've got decent hair no matter when labor comes, haha!

+ I won't lie, this pregnancy thing has been rough. And I didn't have a difficult pregnancy! I've had a very textbook pregnancy. Even being 3 days overdue - completely textbook! It's just that pregnancy really is hard - even when you get an easy/normal one! But it got about 10,000x worse at about 38 weeks, when I started to get really impatient and uncomfortable. And about 10,000x harder every time somebody due after me has delivered a healthy baby. It's hard to be patient, and it's hard to answer the same questions over and over again and reassure friends, family, acquaintances, and even strangers that yes, she should be here any day now, and yes, I am excited and feeling good. And I am. I'm not scared, I'm not nervous, and I'm not worried. I am so excited to experience labor and delivery and sleepless newborn nights and breastfeeding. I can't wait! I wished for this. I dreamt of this and I waited for this for SO long. I am READY. And so many times I've been told that I have no idea what I'm getting myself into and so many times I've been replied to with "you say that now..." but you know what? I really am excited. And I really am ready. I am. I want this. I am ready for this! 

+ Honestly, I'm hoping she comes before my induction, because I would love to be able to go into labor on my own, but at the same time, a scheduled baby sounds wonderful! An induction takes out the guessing completely, and that's so nice! It would be great to set an alarm, wake up and get ready and head to the hospital after a big breakfast. But at this point, I really don't think I care either way! I just want her here! Healthy and safe. That's all I care about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment